New Construction Homes For Sale in Alpharetta
You could get a Premier Offer on your home in as little as 48 hours. No staging. No prep. No cleaning. No showings. No open houses. No stress. No hassle. Completely bypass the traditional real estate market and pick your closing date - as soon as 14 days after you approve the offer, or longer if choose. Our Premier Offer Program offers the speed, certainty and convenience you have always wanted in selling your home. Get your offer.
Listing information last updated on January 19, 2020 at 3:00 PM PST.
Alpharetta New Construction Real Estate Market
Find all of the new construction homes for sale in Alpharetta right here. Alpharetta New Construction homes for sale offer a variety of options in locations across Alpharetta from east to west and in Downtown Alpharetta. For a more thorough search of all Alpharetta homes for sale, go here. Downtown Alpharetta may have the densest housing stock of new construction homes in Alpharetta, however, it isn't the only place you can find them. New construction homes often offer the floorplans and lifestyles today's buyers are looking for that they just can't get in resale homes in Alpharetta. Many buyers want higher quality, smaller homes and have decided against the McMansions built in the recent past.
Do You Need an Agent for a New Home?
Yes, of course! More than any other type of home actually. I suppose you could do it yourself, but it's always best to partner with a trusted agent who knows the market, the inventory, the previous sales prices and what you can ask for during the negotiating process. The new construction contract is different from the standard forms used in most transactions and they come with their own areas that need to be addressed. Generally, an agent can get a better deal and protect you from potential pitfalls. You won't save money on the commission by doing it yourself so hire a professional, stay protected and get the best deal possible.
New Construction Home Marketing For Builders
If you are a builder looking for the best way to market your homes, call us. We can present you a plan that will give your homes a higher level of marketing exposure than anyone else. That's worth a phone call, don't you think?
Tips On Buying New Homes For Sale in Alpharetta
Buying a new construction home in Alpharetta is somewhat different than buying a traditional resale home. There is something very nice about buying a brand new home that no one has ever lived in. The smell of a new construction home can be something like the smell of a new car. If you plan to go this route for your next home, there are some important tips to remember. New homes can be purchased at several different phases; a spec home which is complete and ready to go, choosing the lot and starting from scratch or somewhere in between. There are pros and cons to each. Frequently a better deal can be had on the spec home since it's already finished and the builder will want to get it off the books. You'll also likely have to live with the finishes as making changes to a finished home would cost more than buying something in an earlier stage and picking the finishes you want before they get installed. Regardless of which stage the home is in, take heed of these tips when buying new construction. This is a very different process and it is highly recommended that you have a real estate agent with extensive experience in new construction sales represent you. Contact us to learn more about how we can help.
- Start with your own agent from the beginning of the process. The builder's on-site real estate sales agent represents the builder. New construction contracts can be complex so having your own representation will save you money, time and help to ensure your home is built well. Best of all, most of the time your representation will not cost you any money at all!
- No matter what, always give your agent's information to the on-site agent when visiting new construction alone.
- Don't automatically use the lender the builder has "partnered" with for your loan. Sometimes, they have exceptional sounding incentives that sound too good to be true because they are. Always shop your mortgage. Rates vary and while a builder may appear to pay closing costs, sometimes the lender makes that loss up in a higher interest rate. Always shop!
- Make sure you have a pre-drywall inspection and another inspection just a few days prior to closing. Most builders will be happy to fix anything that isn't up to code found in the inspection and the best time to do that is before the drywall covers up what's behind the walls. Have the inspector come back before your final walkthrough to make sure all the work was done correctly.
- The model home is not what your home will look like. The model home is the shining example of what it would be like to build out a "fully loaded" home with all the important upgrades.
- Research different builders. Check online and see what you can find out from other homeowners in a neighborhood. Check the Better Business Bureau as well. All builders are not the same.
- Find out how the homeowners association will operate. Typically the builder will control the HOA until a certain number of homes have been built and sold to new homeowners.
- Check to see what internet service and tv providers will be available. If you have a preference and that company won't service the homes, you will want to know this ahead of time.
- Understand what is standard and what is an upgrade. Frequently there are options for you early in the process to choose between different styles of standard finishes and then even more that are upgraded levels of finishes. Know before you start what standard cabinets, granite, flooring and light fixtures will be in the house. There may be a design center for you to make your selections or even homes built by your builder in different communities you can visit and see yourself.
- Be sure to understand what appliances come with the home. Often times you will need to buy your own refrigerator, washer and dryer.
Atlanta is a very competitive real estate market. When you choose a real estate agent for the job to sell your home in, ensure your agent is knowledgeable about the national real estate market, the overall area, the hyperlocal market, has a clearly defined marketing plan and a proven track record of home sales. A real estate agent in today's market will be able to effectively use the internet and social media, host impressive open houses, provide you with professional photography, ensure your home is staged well and consult you on proper pricing to sell your home for the most money in the least amount of time. Contact us to learn more about how your home can benefit from a combination of traditional and powerful internet marketing to place your home for sale in front of a much larger audience of potential buyers. No obligation - contact us now to learn more.
Find Out About Our Premier Programs To Sell Your Home
- Premier Offers - Skip the showings and open houses. Get a guaranteed offer on your home. Close on your timeline.
- Premier Listing Program - Update your home so it will sell for top dollar. You don't pay for the updates until you close.