New Construction Homes for Sale in Duluth
Find all of the new construction homes for sale in Duluth right here. Duluth, located just east of Johns Creek and Alpharetta is a fantastic area with excellent and sought after schools and quite a bit of new construction for sale. Generally, the area is priced slightly lower than Alpharetta and North Fulton so you can either get more home for the same money or the same home you could get for less money. It represents excellent value for new homes on the north side of Atlanta.
Listing information last updated on January 20, 2020 at 1:15 PM PST.
Search All Real Estate For Sale In Duluth
See the newest listings, search by map, schools, beds & baths, price, days on market and more! Below is a list of some of the most common Duluth, GA real estate searches.
About New Construction in Duluth
Duluth remains one of the hottest new construction markets in Metro Atlanta. It has a very strong economy, sought after schools, strong demographics for future growth, a lifestyle that includes great restaurants, shopping, and a great downtown area.
Duluth New Construction Real Estate Market
Duluth new construction home sales are one of the strongest segments in one of the strongest real estate markets in Metro Atlanta. One sign that the new construction market is in high demand is to look at standing inventory of new construction. In Duluth, there is a balanced supply of new homes. The most sought after areas in Duluth to find new homes, townhomes and condos is near the downtown area. With all of the life and energy that exists now in the downtown Duluth area, new construction and fully updated and renovated homes are a popular choice.
Tips On Buying New Homes For Sale in Duluth
Buying a new construction home in Duluth is somewhat different than buying a traditional resale home and be an excellent choice and great value. There is something very nice about buying a brand new home that no one has ever lived in. The smell of a new construction home can be something like the smell of a new car. If you plan to go this route for your next home, there are some important tips to remember. New homes can be purchased at several different phases; a spec home which is complete and ready to go, choosing the lot and starting from scratch or somewhere in between. There are pros and cons to each. Frequently a better deal can be had on the spec home since it's already finished and the builder will want to get it off the books. You'll also likely have to live with the finishes as making changes to a finished home would cost more than buying something in an earlier stage and picking the finishes you want before they get installed. Regardless of which stage the home is in, take heed of these tips when buying new construction. This is a very different process and it is highly recommended that you have a real estate agent with extensive experience in new construction sales represent you. Contact us to learn more about how we can help.
- Start with your own agent from the beginning of the process. The builder's on-site real estate sales agent represents the builder. New construction contracts can be complex so having your own representation will save you money, time and help to ensure your home is built well. Best of all, most of the time your representation will not cost you any money at all!
- No matter what, always give your agent's information to the on-site agent when visiting new construction alone.
- Don't automatically use the lender the builder has "partnered" with for your loan. Sometimes, they have exceptional sounding incentives that sound too good to be true because they are. Always shop your mortgage. Rates vary and while a builder may appear to pay closing costs, sometimes the lender makes that loss up in a higher interest rate. Always shop!
- Make sure you have a pre-drywall inspection and another inspection just a few days prior to closing. Most builders will be happy to fix anything that isn't up to code found in the inspection and the best time to do that is before the drywall covers up what's behind the walls. Have the inspector come back before your final walkthrough to make sure all the work was done correctly.
- The model home is not what your home will look like. The model home is the shining example of what it would be like to build out a "fully loaded" home with all the important upgrades.
- Research different builders. Check online and see what you can find out from other homeowners in a neighborhood. Check the Better Business Bureau as well. All builders are not the same.
- Find out how the homeowners association will operate. Typically the builder will control the HOA until a certain number of homes have been built and sold to new homeowners.
- Check to see what internet service and tv providers will be available. If you have a preference and that company won't service the homes, you will want to know this ahead of time.
- Understand what is standard and what is an upgrade. Frequently there are options for you early in the process to choose between different styles of standard finishes and then even more that are upgraded levels of finishes. Know before you start what standard cabinets, granite, flooring and light fixtures will be in the house. There may be a design center for you to make your selections or even homes built by your builder in different communities you can visit and see yourself.
- Be sure to understand what appliances come with the home. Often times you will need to buy your own refrigerator, washer and dryer.
Atlanta is a very competitive real estate market. When you choose a real estate agent for the job to sell your home in, ensure your agent is knowledgeable about the national real estate market, the overall area, the hyperlocal market, has a clearly defined marketing plan and a proven track record of home sales. A real estate agent in today's market will be able to effectively use the internet and social media, host impressive open houses, provide you with professional photography, ensure your home is staged well and consult you on proper pricing to sell your home for the most money in the least amount of time. Contact us to learn more about how your home can benefit from a combination of traditional and powerful internet marketing to place your home for sale in front of a much larger audience of potential buyers. No obligation - contact us now to learn more.
Find Out About Our Premier Programs To Sell Your Home
- Premier Offers - Skip the showings and open houses. Get a guaranteed offer on your home. Close on your timeline.
- Premier Listing Program - Update your home so it will sell for top dollar. You don't pay for the updates until you close.
Contact Us About New Homes In Duluth
- Ansley Park
- Atlanta Luxury Homes
- Atlantic Station
- Avondale Estates
- Candler Park
- Chastain Park
- East Cobb
- Johns Creek
- Sandy Springs
- Virginia Highland